A range of chromatographic equipment for determining the gasoline hydrocarbons, bulk composition and trace distribution of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, together with whole oil and gas analysis.
Gas chromatography (GC)
- Perkin Elmer Clarus 580 GC-FID for quantitative liquid hydrocarbon analysis
Standard parameters reported including hydrocarbons in the range C6 to C35+, Pr/Ph, Pr/nC17, Ph/nC18, C17/C27 and CPI ratios.
- Perkin Elmer Clarus 580 GC-FID/TCD for the quantification of gaseous phase hydrocarbons (C1 – C5), plus CO, CO2 and H2S
- For specifications: Clarus 580
Gas chromatography – mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Varian CP3800 GC with 1200 triple quad MS for full SCAN, SIR and MS/MS analysis
- Agilent 7890B GC with 5977A MSD single quad MS analyser
- Industry standard hopane, tricylic terpane and sterane biomarkers ratios reported together with quantification against internal standards as required. MS/MS analysis is also available as necessary for low abundance compounds or to confirm identification
- For specifications: Varian 1200 and Agilent 5977A
- CDS 5000 pyroprobe interfaced to the Agilent GC-MS
- Accurate control of pyrolysis temperature, pyrolysis time, and temperature ramp rate
- Programmable for up to eight steps per sample, with automatic control of the on-line valve, interface temperature, GC ready sensing and GC start for each step.
- Trapping option to collect analytes from slow rate pyrolysis, evolved gas analysis, thermal desorption or reactant gas pyrolysis
- For specifications: CDS pyroprobe